Are you looking for things to do with the family during Easter? Then look no further….
- Joint the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Goldstone Country House and Hotel on Easter Sunday. Around Goldstone House and Gardens are 500 Goldstone Easter eggs including 10 golden eggs. For every egg you find you will receive a chocolate egg and for the lucky ones that find the golden eggs an extra special goldstone prize will be awarded. You can also book for lunch which takes place from 12noon to 2.30pm. For more information, please go to www.goldstonehall.com.
2. Attend an Easter Church Service at any of our local churches. St Mary’s Church in Market Drayton are holding an Easter Fire and Sunrise service at 6.30am on Easter Sunday 27th March 2016. You can also attend their family holy communion service at 10.30am – arrive at 10.15am to get a good seat!
3. The Dorothy Clive Garden is holding a Plant Hunters Fair on Sunday 27th and Monday 28th March from 10am to 5.30pm at only £3.50 per person. For further information, please go to: www.dorothyclivegarden.co.uk.
4. Catch the film ‘Youth” (15) at Festival Drayton on Tuesday 29th March; This emotive and heart-warming drama comes courtesy of Italian director Paolo Sorrentino, whose 2013 film The Great Beauty won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. For further information, or to book a ticket, go to www.festivaldraytoncentre.com.
5. Sugnall Walled Garden are also holding an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th March – follow the Indian Runner ducks around the garden and find their chocolate eggs. Admission is FREE & the tearoom is also open.
6. Go racing an ‘Odds on’ Favourite Day out! The North Shropshire Hunt hosts one of their annual Point-to-Point meeting at Eyton on Severn on Easter Monday 28th March. The gate opens at 11am with the first race taking place at 2pm and the last race at 5.40pm. Admission is £10 per person and free for under 12s. Car parking is free. The racecourse is 7m SE of Shrewsbury, off the B4380 via the A5 and the M54 (Exit 7). Postcode Location: SY5 6P. For further information, please go to www.eyton-races.com.
7. Visit Wollerton Old Hall. The garden is open from 12noon to 5pm on Fridays, Sundays and Bank Holidays from Good Friday until the end of August, and Fridays only in September. RHS Members are free in April and September only.
8. The Falcon Inn, Woore: Go along so the kids can join in the Easter Egg Hunt, Charity raffle for a Lindt Easter Egg & Bunnies £1 a Strip all proceeds to ‘Oak Tree Farm Rural Project’.
Have we missed anything out? Post your events here for all to see.